Share
August 18 • 09:45 PM
Email/Username:
Password:

Homeowner keeps fire from spreading


E_homeowner
shadow
Members of the Goodland Twp. Fire Department arrive to assist at the scene of a Wednesday afternoon fire on Cade Rd. Damage was minimal as the homeowner managed to battle the blaze with a garden hose. photo by Maria Brown.

October 08, 2008
IMLAY TWP. — Three fire departments responded to an early afternoon fire Wednesday, Oct. 1, but the blaze proved to be minor.

Imlay City Fire Chief Kip Reaves said that the homeower in the 5900 block of Cade Rd. was out mowing the lawn when she noticed smoke coming from the rear of the house around 12:30 p.m.

Reaves said it appears that the home's wood stove chimney set the side of the house on fire.

The homeowner managed to knock down most of the blaze with a garden hose.

shadow
shadow
"She did an excellent job," Reaves said.

Only about a three square foot area of the home was damaged, he added, and no one was injured. Water damage was minimal. Total damage was estimated at $3,000.

As is customary for a structure fire, the Goodland Fire Department was called to assist. Imlay City also requested the Mussey Twp. Fire Department respond for manpower assistance, Reaves said.

Castle Creek
Van Dyke Gas
08 - 18 - 17
09:45
Site Search


August
arrow
S M T W T F S
12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031
IC DDA
Almont DDA
IC Chamber
Thanks for visiting Tri City Times