April 16, 2008 One grand prize winner, in three age categories
will be selected by a panel of community members and will have their essay printed in the Tri-City Times on Wednesday, May 7, 2008.
A second place winner, and third place winner will be chosen in each
age category. All mothers that are written about will receive a little something special from Downtown Imlay City. The names of everyone entering the contest will also be printed in the Tri-City Times.
How to enter . . .
• The essay should not exceed 4 paragraphs and/or 350 words.
The essay does not have to be typed; however it should be readable.
• Only one essay per person, the essay must be an original, and the
contest is open to people of all ages.
• All essays will begin with the line: My mother is the best because...
• All entries must include your name, age, address, phone number, mom's
name, address and phone number, if different.
• Essays will be due on Friday, April 25, 2008 by 4:30 p.m. at the Imlay City
Hall located at 150 North Main Street. Essays can be mailed, however
must be received on or before the deadline.
• A panel of community members will judge the essays in three
age categories, 6-10; 11-17 and 18-adult.
• Essays will not be returned to their owners, and by entering the essay
contest you give the Tri-City Times the permission to publish your essay.