Share
August 17 • 12:02 PM
Email/Username:
Password:

Dog perishes in fire



shadow
shadow
November 14, 2007
CAPAC — A house fire claimed the life of a dog last week in the village.

Firefighters responded to a home on E. Meier around 1 p.m. on Nov. 13.

"There was smoke coming out of the house everywhere," Second Lt. Rob Kruger said.

The blaze began in the kitchen and eventually spread into the ceiling and an upstairs bathroom.

"It did extensive damage in the kitchen and there was smoke and heat damage through the rest of the house," Kruger said.

No one was home at the time of the blaze. The dog apparently died from smoke inhalation.

The Berlin Twp. Fire Department assisted at the scene. Firefighters were at residence for about three hours.

Kruger said the home was uninhabitable as a result of the blaze.

Assistant Editor
Castle Creek
Van Dyke Gas
08 - 17 - 17
12:02
Site Search


August
arrow
S M T W T F S
12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031
IC DDA
IC Chamber
Almont DDA
Thanks for visiting Tri City Times